Star HRD Expo : The Countdown has begun
With less than five weeks to go; The Star HRD Expo 2012 – one of the largest, most extensive HR, education and training exhibitions in South Africa – will take place from 09 – 11 October, 2012 at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg.
The Star HRD Expo has been in existence for a few decades, consistently growing year-on-year, to be hailed as the premier event, which provides the sole opportunity for learning providers and other consulting and employment agencies, top companies, SETAs, government departments and other stakeholders, to come together under one roof. The exhibition not only showcases the latest trends, a variety of new participants and visitors, but also a number of exciting co-located conferences and workshops – all with the purpose to accelerate skills development in the country.
Says IIR BV SA Exhibitions Director, Jelena Kucan-Salic, “Each year, we strive to maximise the exposure touch points for our exhibitors, as well as new and exciting value ads, and knowledge sharing platforms for our visitors. The event has grown to be positioned as the HR, education and training industry event of each year, and definitely not to be missed by any serious Southern African industry professional and / or solutions provider.”
A phenomenal platform for HR, education and training professionals to segment their latest service solutions, create new contacts, build and maintain old and new client relations; Kucan-Salic shares how IIR BV SA keeps raising the bar to ensure The Star HRD Expo remains a one of its kind within the industry.
“Each year we enhance the exhibition offering through new value ads. We have included HR Africa to run alongside the event and this year, we have created four focused, interactive workshops, a Speakers’ Corner, as well as fun interactive areas, to be experience. In terms of market support, this year we have experienced many more old clients returning to the show. Furthermore, we are pleased to see quite a few new clients, proving that the market support, media partner support and The Star, have all been great.”
IIR BV SA ensures that the expo remains relevant and current by engaging with leading industry leaders, as well as SMEs, to investigate the latest in industry trends and technology. Expounds Kucan-Salic, “The companies themselves also ensure that they showcase their latest solutions and products, guaranteeing that year, the expo offerings remain new and exciting.”
New and improved in 2012:
- An advisory board comprising leading HR experts from SA and beyond to provide guidance on the programme topics
- Five-day conference offering a wider choice of presentations, workshops, as well as:
o Master classes, with over 40 national and international speakers
o Compelling international and African case studies from the UK, USA, Sudan, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe
o A choice of half-day excursions on the last day of the conference (separately bookable)
- Keynote Speaker: Stephen M.R. Covey (junior), CEO and Co-Founder, Coveylink Worldwide HR, most influential thought leader and bestselling author of Speed of Trust
Expo Snap Shot:
- Calibre and scope of exhibitors include: Top associations, government departments, HR companies, Business Schools, financial companies, wellness, recruitment, legal, and more
- Workshops: Four workshops will be hosted over three days
o Workshop 1: 09 October 2012 (09h30 0 12h30)
§ Personal Resilience: The key to successful organisational change and resilience, with Rod Warner, Managing Partner, Building Resilience
o Workshop 2: 09 October 2012 (13h30 – 16h30)
§ Developing distinctive leadership capability in transforming societies, with Tim Casserley, Founder, Edge Equilibrium
o Workshop 3: 10 October 2012 (10h00 – 13h00)
§ The link between Reward & HRD, with Dr Mark Bussin, Chairman and Craig Raath, Executive Director of 21st Century Pay Solutions
o Workshop 4: 11 October 2012 (10h00 – 13h00)
§ Cultivate or Crush? TALENT MANAGEMENT, with Douglas Kruger, Professional Speaker, Author and Trainer
With the popularity and support of The Star HRD Expo on the rise, the show organisers are expecting approximately 80 exhibitors, as well as over 2,000 visitors to this year’s exhibition. “We are looking forward to yet another year of The Star HRD Expo magic. IIR BV SA hopes to create a heightened networking and business platform for our exhibitors and visitors alike, and anticipate an exceptional show, on all levels,” concludes Allyson Towle, Managing Director, IIR BV SA.
A quick word from past and current exhibitors:
- “We made many new business contacts.” Liz Hawkridge, The Learning Revolution
- “Great networking opportunity for business and self.” Sadiya Abdool-Gaffar, Being a Woman / Honeycomb BEE
- “Support from IIR was fantastic.” Magda Ross, The Human Edge
- “Thank you very much for the well organised event. We were able to personally meet and welcome many new members!” Sandra Erasmus, Executive Administrative Assistant / Company Secretary, SABPP
• Registration – Online registration is now open